Special spaces need extra-special care. Flower beds and areas that include shrubs, trees and landscape art need to be kept free of weeds and debris. There should be clear lines of demarcation between the lawn and the bed for the most pleasing appearance. This can be accomplished in a number of ways: machine edging, gravel, pavers, paths or retaining walls. Maintaining a manicured look requires regular attention.
Mulching is a great way to conserve the water your plants need to survive. And as mulch naturally breaks down, it releases nutrients that enhance the soil. It reduces weed growth and adds to the aesthetic appeal of your overall landscape design. Its color contrast alone will draw attention to other plantings and hardscape features. There are many different kinds that can be applied. They vary in color, texture and composition.
Let us recommend a plan to highlight those special planting areas on your property.
– Prepare beds.
– Remove and/or treat weeds.
– If needed, cut back perennials, lightly trim bushes/shrubs.
– Redefine bed edges if needed.
– Apply weed preventative unless requested otherwise.
– Carefully install approximately 2″-3″ of fresh mulch.
Season / Frequency:
– Most often Spring or Summer. Can mulch in Fall.
– Typically (1) time per year.
– Bed Prep typically ranges from $225-$600 + around $150 per cubic yard, includes delivery and installation.
– Example job: 5 cubic yard of natural brown triple shredded bark mulch with 3 hours of prep work: $975+tax.
– Please contact us so we can accurately quote your property!